More and more families view cremation as the simplest and most economical alternative to a traditional funeral, ground burial or entombment.
When you choose cremation for a loved one, you can:
- Choose Immediate/Direct Cremation, with no further ritual or service.
- Arrange a memorial service for your loved one. A memorial service can be held at any time after death, in any venue, independent of the cremation. According to your wishes cremains may or may not be present at a memorial service.
- Opt for a traditional cremation service in which the casketed deceased is present in the funeral home or your place of worship for visitation/service (following which the cremation takes place). Family members may choose to accompany their loved one to the crematory.
- After cremation, you can choose direct burial of cremains without a service or you can choose a graveside service with in-ground burial of cremains. You can also choose to have an inurnment, in which the urn containing your loved one’s ashes is placed in a columbarium. A committal service may be held at this time.
- A meaningful choice is to have your loved one’s ashes scattered at sea.
Eternal Light Funeral Directors of New York can guide you through all of these options. We also offer rental caskets for use at visitations and services as well as a complete selection of cremation urns.
Please visit our Urn Store for a complete selection of urns available for purchase.